Saturday, April 24, 2010

Unexpected Visitor

I seem to attract the authorities. This is my 4th encounter with the police.

This week, I came back from work as usual. I was really hungry that day, and quickly heated up my leftovers in my microwave. While enjoying my dinner, I suddenly heard a loud knock on the door.

I was like....hmm...who could that possibly be? I thought it was a delivery man, sending a parcel.

So, I peeped through the hole in my door.

Oh-uh, there was a police officer standing at the front of my door. Immediately, I could feel the adrenaline rush....my heart started to thump really fast and hard. A few thoughts came to my mind.

Did I commit a crime? Did somebody sue me? I dunno.

I opened the door to greet the police officer.

"Hello," he said.

"Ermm...hi," I replied.

"Just wanted to ask you if you knew your neighbour living over there?" he said, while pointing to my neighbour across the corridor.

"No, I don't know him. I don't know my neighbours at all," I said. (and this is true)

"You not seen him moving furniture or anything like that?"

"No I haven't. I've seen those girls living opposite him, but not see him."

"Oh ok then. Thank you very much," he said.

After I closed the door, I still felt weak in my legs. My heart was still thumping.
Don't get me wrong. I was glad that he wasn't looking for me.....glad that I wasn't in trouble. But I can't help feeling intimidated when I meet a police officer.

I speak to police officers occasionally in the hospital environment, and even prison officers. But I do not feel scared when doing so. It is probably because I was in a hospital, where there are other colleagues around me. While being at home, there is no one else.

2 comments:

Isys group 5 said...

Police! This is similar to the legal matters mentioned on our blog! See it here http://stoptryingtostalkme.blogspot.com/

sl said...

Thank you!

Hmm...don't think that website works.