Sunday, April 18, 2010

I am so Stiff!

It was a lovely bright sunny day yesterday. I have been working for the past 2 weeks without any break.....therefore, I decided that it was time to soak up some lovely sunshine, and fresh air.

So what did I decide to do?
Go for a jog around the park.

It wasn't a bad idea to start with. I used to run 9 miles a week (6 months ago!). I stopped running because the weather was becoming colder, and I moved down here to M'bro. I had to quit my old gym....and was TOO lazy to get myself registered in a new one locally.

I got changed into my exercise gear. Did bit of warm up...and started to jog at a slow pace. After one round, I was panting like I have just completed a marathon run. My heart was thumping so hard. I could not continue running. So I stopped to catch my breath. After a few mins, I started to run again....but found myself stopping another time just before the second round was completed.

=(

Yes, clearly I have lost my fitness level...how upsetting!
I remembered being able to run around the park 3 times without stopping....and now, only just one round?! Gosh...how bad is that?!

Luckily there was the happy sunshine and fresh air to cheer me up a little.

This morning, I got up with stiffness all over. My quadriceps are stiff and achy....my lower back is just the same too.....sigh, these are the consequences of not exercising regularly.

I shall now attempt to run bit more regularly.....i hope! no more excuses, now that the weather is so much warmer!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.