Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Immune System @ Its Lowest

I haven't been ill for a long time. Interestingly, the past 3 weeks or so, I've been a viral target. It first started off with me developing bodyaches, fever, and abdominal pain. This soon (no surprises) led on to the development of diarrhoea.

Having recovered from that, I developed a really bad sore throat 5 days later. The following morning, my throat was so painful that it was difficult to even swallow..... and then, my nose started to run.

Lucky for me that I am on my annual leave. So I could take the time to recuperate. However, I would also like to use my days off to enjoy the sun and do things I like! But, sadly, the weather has been miserable. And, my nose was completely blocked over the past 3 days. It is alot better now, thanks to the antihistamine and pseudoephidrine tablets. I literally could not taste or smell anything.

My kind housemate even made me an aromatherapy steam inhalation thingy....and I could not even smell the scent!!! But the inhalation was great....it did help to decongest my nose a wee bit.

Now that I am much better, guess what? Today, I had a really bad splitting headache. I thought it was because I was hungry...so I had some sugary stuff. But the headache persisted. I took some paracetamol to no effect. Dehydration? Probably not, as I have been at home all day, and definitely drinking plenty of fluids. Therefore, I decided that I needed to rest. I hid under my covers for a few minutes...but my head continued to ache..

Guess it must be some really bad viral illness I have been suffering from over the past weeks. I do hope I get better soon.... my immune system is absolutely rubbish at the moment. I better infuse myself with more Vit C.

Anywho, time to go to bed now. Hopefully my sleep will put an end to my headache. Shoooo schleeppy.....yyawwwnnn...... Nite nite.

No comments: