Sunday, March 22, 2009

You're Hired

" Thank you for recently attending our assessment centre / interview. I am pleased to offer you a CMT CT1 commencing on Wednesday, 5th August 2009."

Yes, I'm finally hired!! I have managed to secure a job!! Yay!! I am so SO SO happy, and feel so glad. Yay for me!! hehe. Actually, the offer email was sitting in my inbox on Friday, but I only checked my inbox on Saturday evening!

After 3 painstaking and emotionally wrecking interviews, I finally get into the medical training system! The anxiety before the interview could literally give me a heart attack. The uncertainty of what clinical scenario you would be asked on, which ethical dilemma they will test you on, the preparation of my own personal portfolio; all of them made me really stressed! The whole interview process itself was equally stressful. And I mean you could be an absolutely great person on a daily basis, but when put under the spotlight, you just change completely.

So I am getting out of my comfort zone, and heading towards the Northern Deanery, which includes areas like Newcastle, Durham, Carlisle, Cumbria, etc. My job commences in August...so this will give me some time to find a new place to stay and move my things down. This time I would like to rent a place and stay alone. It would be easier for mummy and daddy when they come up to visit me.

I am so looking forward to this change...just because, I have been in Scotland for 5 yrs dy. And I am looking for a new environment. Also, this allows me to move out from my housemate.... Don't get me wrong, I love my room, and my flat, and the West of Glasgow is just so convenient. I do get along with her. But, she occasionally takes me for granted....and that is really doing my head in. Will write a whole blog about it later. haha.

Well, I was beaming and so excited yesterday that I decided to just go down to town to maybe buy something nice as a treat. But all the shops were closing in 30 minutes by the time I got there. Also, I told myself that I would get myself an iPhone if I get a job....and and and....my notebook is so cranky that I also wanna get a new MacBook!!! I have wanted to get a new notebook for a llooonngg time...probably about nearly 2 years now. My notebook keeps hanging despite me trying to reformat it. So its time to get a new one!!! woohoo!!!

Think for today I might either go watch a movie or something la. See how. Go visit the gym first.

=)
=)
=) =) =)

2 comments:

runaway midget said...

hey pink, congratulations! :)
go all the way! hip hip hooray!

Colleen said...

congrats sl.. :-) all the best in your new job.. :-)