Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Great Girly Weekend!

To top off my annual leave last week, my gal pals and I travelled to Dublin for a really short weekend break! woohoo!
Most of my weekends here are pretty unexciting. I would normally just hang out with a few friends and Kev. We would spend time savouring different food, shopping, chatting, coffee-ing, and going to the cinema. There would be the odd times where we visit a local attraction.

Last weekend was SUPER Girliciously FUN! hehe.
My gal pals were Georgina (or George as she is better known) and Laura. Laura has been my good friend in Glasgow. We met on the First day of our induction as junior house officers in Glasgow Royal Infirmary. We were both very early. She sat beside me. Later, we found out that we were both working in the same ward. We grew really close since then. George, on the other hand, was a colleague whom I met when I was also a junior house officer. However, she is not as close a friend as Laura.
Anywho, we flew to Dublin late Friday night. The weather in Dublin was pretty dull, to be honest. There was intermittent drizzle on Saturday, while on Sunday, it was SO chilly. But we kind of expected the weather to be like that.

We had tasty fried brunch to kick off our weekend. We wondered along the streets of Dublin, and popped into different shops to do some window shopping. As it was a chilled outing, we could not be bothered to visit the museums or galleries. We just wanted to look at buildings and take pics! Shopping was slightly pricey because of the current foreign exchange rates....but I still managed to grab a few bargains....like a new coat from Pull & Bear! hehe.

It was also an extremely sinful weekend. I had never eaten so much JUNK!! We munched on bags of Doritos, Mars Planets, M&Ms, chips.... and had a little too much alcohol. We had complete English brunch on both days. I ate 2 sunnyside ups on Sunday! Somehow, at the end of the weekend, my cholesterol level must have doubled!

oh well, the most important thing is I have enjoyed myself. I felt rejuvenated. I was ready to face being back at work, and facing all the nonsense that I have to deal with in the hospital. =D

Brunch @ Elephant & Castle - this is the first time I ate 2 eggs in a meal

1 comment:

runaway midget said...

wah, looks like you had a great time! and good food! :) keep it up!