Sunday, February 08, 2009

Let It Snow! Let It Snow!

"Oh the weather outside is frightful
But the fire is so delightful
And since we've no place to go
Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow!"

yeap, the snow is here, finally! In some ways, I guess I'm lucky. The snow is not too bad in Glasgow. But certainly, places down south were hit by the weather badly.....to the extent that public transport ceased working, schools closed, and people took time off as they couldn't get to work!
This is my 3rd year in Glasgow. I can happily say that this is the first proper winter for Glasgow! haha. The previous winters were extremely rainy. At least it has been snowing intermittently over the past week, and temperature dipping below 0. It was -5 last night.

Anyway, I love the sight of white snow. I love the sight of snow covering everything on the ground....making everything look so pure, and clean! But this wouldn't last long, as the snow will melt soon, and people will start walking on the snow. The sight would be horrible. So that's why I decided to capture a few shots of the snow from my room....here they are.





The snow covering the common compound outside.







Cars covered with snow too!

No comments: