Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Kiki, Shopping and Tasty Food

My less than 2 weeks break at home went by SO quickly. I had a FABULOUS time.

When I first got home, Kiki was there to greet me at the gate. I have not seen her for 2 years, and the moment she saw me, her tail was wagging so fast, and she started to do her little dance for me...aww.... I really miss her. I gave her a biigg BBIIGG cuddle. I could see she was enjoying the attention as she relaxed into my arms and closed her eyes....

Malaysia is all about good food! And I was not going to waste my time eating Western food or bread. I had asam laksa and char kuay kak for dinner when I first arrived. The following days, my stomach felt so contented and happy, as I filled it with yau char kuai, ma kiok, chee cheong fun, nasi lemak, maggi mee goreng, roti canai and also, the best claypot loo shi fun ever. I was eating like there was no tomorrow. I even squeezed in a short trip to Ipoh to visit SzeL...and of course when I was in Ipoh, I had to try the taugeh chicken, dim sum and white coffee.... oohh... even thinking about them makes me so hungry!

Shopping was quite fun too, as I managed to catch the Raya sales...so in the end, I bought 2 pairs of lovely shoes, a couple of blouses, etc. However, I must admit that the prices are getting ridiculously higher compared to the last time I was home. Ohh...and I finally managed to visit the new malls, ie, Pavillion and The Gardens.

And now...I'm back at work, back to living in this cold refrigerator, better known as, Glasgow. It's back to the daily routine. Life has to go on. Surprisingly, my jetlag isn't too bad.

No comments: