Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Crazy About Donuts

Dunkin Donuts.
Krispy Kreme.
And now...J Co?


I didn't know that there is a craze over donuts in Malaysia...that's until I came home. There is a new donut store in town, J Co.

My first encounter with this store was at The Pavillion. Bro said, "You've gotta try...its a craze here." I looked at the queue at this popular shop...and I would say it was pretty long for a weekday. Bro continued, "Oh....this is nothing. Once the queue was probably 1 km long!"

So bro went on to queue. To be honest, I am not a huge fan of fancy donuts... you know, like those sold by Dunkin or Krispy Kreme. They are just too sweet and not original. My kind of donut is the traditional sugar-coated ones.

Anyway, after a good 20 mins or so, bro returned with 3 different donuts... one was topped with choc hazelnut, the other was topped with alcarpone, and the third one had dates on it. I took a bite from each donut...hmmm...really not my kind of donut, and seriously, do not understand what the craze is all about. Having said that though, J Co's donuts are certainly not as sweet as Krispy Kreme.

We took our time to finish up the donuts...and more and more people started to queue up at the J Co counter to pack donuts home....some had like 10 boxes worth of donuts?! Crazy!




1 comment:

runaway midget said...

wah, pinkpea, you look weally pink with the donuts! :) enjoy yourself, please!