Monday, August 04, 2008

Celebrity Names

Do you feel that your brain seems to relate things together even if you were not thinking about it in the first place?? I think this is more pronounced when you're tired.

Now, what the hell am I talking about?!

Let me tell you.

Funny shifts do funny things to my thought process. Last week has been particularly strange. I have been looking after patients with the initials of MG, JL and NJ. And guess what I have been calling them, instead of their proper names?? Macy Gray, John Lennon and Norah Jones.

WHAT?

I do not know how that came up. But their names were so closely related to the names of these famous celebrities, that my brain subconsciously matches their names together...and I started to call them Macy Gray, John Lennon and Norah Jones, respectively. Now how peculiar is that?

My fellow nurses and colleagues were laughing at me. I couldn't help it too...it was rather amusing actually.

No comments: