Monday, May 26, 2008

No More Hatred

The last time I played a full classical song on my piano was more than 10 years ago.

I never really touched the piano again since then. I seriously hated playing the piano. I hate practising the scales, the exam pieces, the aural tests and of course, the theory part as well. I was adamant that no matter what happens to my grade 8 examination, I would not touch the piano ever again, because I was really sick of it.

However, during my trip to Isle of Skye, one of the B & B s that we stayed in had a piano. The owner told us that we could play it if we wanted to. Somehow, regardless of what I had told myself previously, I sat down in front of the piano, looked at the music notes in front of me.... the music score was written by Beethoven, in fact, it was his famous Sonata. I started to play....although I struggled to play the notes spontaneously, I really enjoyed the sound of the piano!

Then, I started to play "Fur Elise." I recalled playing this song during one of my piano concerts... I tried to play a few songs from my memory, but nah, I failed. However, the bottomline is, I miss playing the piano. I really do. We stayed at that B&B for 2 nights...and every day, I would play a few songs from the book..and felt fantastic after that.

hehe...its amazing. So now, I take back whatever hatred I had previously. In fact, I am aiming to buy a baby grand in the future and place it right in the middle of my living room. =)

2 comments:

MelanieC said...

I know what you mean... I swore off my Piano for years now... But I am starting to miss it... :)

Li Ping

Colleen said...

i know what you mean too! whenever i see piano, my fingers itch.. hehehe..

now, my niece keep asking me to play for her.. i don't even remember how to play "twinkle twinkle little star".. :-p