Sunday, June 01, 2008

Laptop on Sick Leave

My laptop has been officially sick. I can't load my internet browser, can't log onto my MSN or Yahoo messenger, and I can't even load my anti-virus software!

It is not a big deal, but I am just worried that I would lose my digital photos. These photos remind me of where I have travelled so far...I really cannot afford to lose any of them. Fortunately, I can still open my picture folder.

Unfortunately, as I tried to save them by burning these pictures into a CD, my CD burner application would not open for me!!! argghh... so I am at a dead end. I need to reformat my laptop, but I do not want to lose all these important valuable memories.... I have thought of transfering my pictures to my friend's external hard disk...but I was worried that I might transfer infection to his hard disk.

As a result, I have decided to buy a portable hard disk....I just bought a Western Digital portable hard disk from Amazon...it was the cheapest and best deal I could get. 250GB for 60 pounds... pretty reasonable I guess. Within 4-6 working days, I would receive this item.... and hopefully, after some "intravenous antibiotic," ie, formatting, my laptop would heal. Wish me luck.

I really hate it when I have to deal with all these techno stuff myself!!!

No comments: