Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Tulips Like I Have Never Seen Before

I was really surprised with myself when I told my good old friend that I would meet her in Amsterdam over last weekend. I was kind of worried that my viral illness would spoil the trip...but my tummy was fine. No further diarrhoea, no further vomiting. The only problem was nausea... but that also settled when I arrived at Amsterdam. :)

Tulips were the main attraction in Amsterdam that I really wanted to see. And I was not disappointed. The Keukenhof Garden is certainly a MUST when you are in Amsterdam. Unfortunately, the flowers only bloom during spring time...so I guess, it is best to visit the garden just about now.

The tulips were extremely beautiful, colourful and smelt really really nice. The tulips were fat and sturdy. They stood tall amongst all the other flowers displayed at the Keukenhof Garden. The blue muscari flowers, or also known as the grape hyacinths, had a really strong sweet scent. Somehow, even though my friend and I spent 6 hours walking around the garden, I did not feel tired....In fact, I felt relaxed and satisfied.




















Spectacular!















The colours were so vibrant.















The carpet of tulips...















A flower mosaic resembling the dragon. It consisted of over one thousand flower buds, and was created to celebrate the Beijing Olympics.















Colourful...




















The Sunset Orange Tulip, was measuring nearly 15 cm in diameter!!!















Arent they gorgeous?















A nice little pond in the garden.















Ballerina Tulips.















More tulips.


2 comments:

runaway midget said...

so pretty!

wish i had those in my balcony. hope you had a great time, pink!

sl said...

=)

hehe...yeah i had a great time admiring those flowers. nature is simply wonderful.