Sunday, April 13, 2008

Traumatised by The Orphanage

The Orphanage is a Spainish film about a grown-up orphan who purchased her beloved childhood orphanage with dreams of restoring the long abandoned facility as a place for disabled children.

My friends told me that it is a horror film....and I don't fancy watching films in this category. I was reluctant to watch it initially, but got dragged along by my friends.

The show was actually quite good... The story unfolded very nicely, but it was SCARY!! The scariest scene was where a bus knocked an old lady. A man performed CPR, but she did not survive. Her face was covered with a white cloth. The lead female characterer (lets call her X) approached the dead body and wanted to take a whistle which was hanging by the body's neck. As X's hand inched closer to the whistle, all of a sudden, the hand of the dead the body grabbed on her wrist. *yikes! I jumped!! It was creepy...

This scene has changed my life.... I don't think I can face a dead body ever again by myself. In my medical profession, I have to certify dead bodies. It is not an intimidating procedure (except for the first time performing it). However, after watching this scene, I am really scared... I would now worry that the dead body would suddenly spring into life and open his/her eyes, or even grab my hand!!

I know it sounds silly...but heck... I am traumatised...at least for the next few months! haha.

No comments: