Thursday, April 10, 2008

Dear Oh Dear...

Do not be surprised to see my car's picture or my name in the newpapers tomorrow morning.

I do not sleep well post night on-call. The most I get is 3 to 4 hours. On-calls are on-calls, busy busy bee. So I do not get a chance to catch a short nap. Moreoever, there is no on-call room for medicine....ie, no place to rest anyway. Therefore, driving home from work is extremely dangerous.
Yesterday, while driving home, I started to doze off about 15 minutes into my journey. Lucky me, traffic was very slow...and I was not driving fast. Otherwise, I really do not know what would happen to me. Thank god for keeping me alive till this second.

In the end, I made an exit from the motorway and parked at one of those shopping malls along the road. Almost immediately, I fell asleep.......zzzZZZZZzzzzZZZZZzzz..... the next time I opened my eyes, it was 12 pm! I slept nearly an hour and a half!! gosh.

Passer-bys must have thought I was mad. But I am glad that I managed to nap awhile before continuing the journey. Today, I was not too bad...managed to pry my eyes open throughout the entire journey home. So if you see my name in the papers tomorrow morning, you would be able to predict what happened.

No comments: