Monday, August 13, 2007

Schleeppyy...

I looked at my rota last nite. My shift starts at 4 pm today. Nice.... I thought to myself, because it means that I could afford to sleep in this morning. But heck no! I have to attend a pharmacy teaching at 9 am today. It was compulsory for all.

So dutifully, I woke up at 5.30 a.m.....I just couldn't sleep anymore. I got ready and met Laura at 7.50 at her place, before we left together. She drove. Teaching started at 9.15, and it only lasted for a good 20 minutes.

All the effort just for a 20 minute teaching about prescribing in children. I am SO dedicated, eh? Even my consultant asked me what am I doing in the ward when I was meant to be starting at 4pm. Well, you know, Dr. H said that it is compulsory and attendance will be taken. I wasn't keen on disobeying Dr. H because he is known to be very academic and strict.....furthermore, he is my supervisor for the next 4 months. So I really do not want to be in his bad books.

I travelled all the way back home after the teaching. Since then, I have been getting increasingly sleepy and restless. I want to go back to bed, but was worried that I will miss my train later. So I have been doing nothing except reading the news and surfing the internet aimlessly....

oh...yes, I was also religiously waiting for the post to come in....and was disappointed that there wasn't any letter for me. Now its time to change back into my working clothes and get the train to work...

No comments: