Friday, November 03, 2006

A Story of A Cat


Once upon a time, there was a cat, named Kitty Kat. She was a white cat with 2 brown patches around the ears and a brown-tipped tail. Kitty Kat lived alone in a palace which used to belong to a king a long looonng time ago. There was not alot of food around the palace, therefore, she fed on leftover food found in the dustbins.

One day, she decided that she has had enough of rubbish food and went to hunt for food. She walked along a small pond in the palace.



As she walked, she stopped and looked at her reflection on the pond.

"Oh, I still look very pretty and clean," Kitty Kat said to herself. She stared at her face on the pond for quite a long time, before it struck her. *ting (a light bulb just switched on)

"I'm looking at a pond....and what does a pond have? Pond has fish....yes....FISH! If I wait for one to appear, I won't need to eat rubbish food today."

So Kitty Kat waited patiently for a fish to surface. Suddenly, 2 orange fish appeared at the surface of the pond, where Kitty Kat was sitting.

"They certainly looked yummy...but how do I get to them? If I jump into the pond, I'll drown, coz I don't know how to swim. And I hate getting wet," Kitty Kat whispered to herself.

At this point, Kitty Kat was salivating. But it was such a shame she didn't know how to get it, or even try. The fish swam around her, but she just stared at them.

grrrr..... (went Kitty Kat's tummy)

After a few minutes, the fish swam away.

"No...no....don't runaway from me. Come back. I'm so hungry...." moaned Kitty Kat. She was disappointed for not even trying to catch the fish.

She walked away with her head down, angry at herself for missing the opportunity to have a nice dinner. That night, she ended up digging food from rubbish bin again to fill her stomach.


Moral of the story: Don't be afraid to try once you get an opportunity!! Once it is gone, it will never come back!!

No comments: