Saturday, July 29, 2006

Homesick =(

*sob *sob *sob

I MISS HOME!!!

I AM FEELING BLUE!!!

I WANNA GO HOME!!!

sigh...I dunno why this time, I left Malaysia with such a heavy, dreading feeling.

The sadness in me is more than the first time I flew to UK.

I guess, the reason is because, this time I'll be staying by myself, without any close friends. Most of my friends are working in different parts of Glasgow.

I will be living in a brand new place, out of my comfort zone. I know Dundee very well, now I have to familiarise myself with the transportation system in Glasgow.

On top of that, my holiday in Malaysia is too short.

Sometimes I feel, why bother torturing yourself to work away from home? Nothing beats being at home, with family and friends.

Oh well, I hope I'll get better when I become busier. Although I know I won't be worked as hard as my fellow colleagues in Malaysia (they have alot of oncalls and long working hours), I still dread the responsibility to work. sigh.

*sob *sob *sob

4 comments:

greenpea said...

pink pea, at least you have a job! better than me - growing colourful fungi everyday which i harvest every night.

i'll keep you occupied till i get a job. hehe!

jinkhang said...

"Sometimes I feel, why bother torturing yourself to work away from home? Nothing beats being at home, with family and friends."

- somehow... i really can't resist saying I told you so... :P

greenpea said...

the word "torture" is very strong. i guess, people choose different pathways in life after careful thinking and consideration of multiple factors.

the sacrifice made might reap bigger rewards or it could go the other way round. sometimes, we are faced with a situation where we can't make a distinction between good or bad, better or worse. certain decisions can be forgiven, but not many.

in situations that can be forgiven, and where one cannot make that distinction, i'm sure that one person will know that he/ she has done what's best and that would have made it all worth it.

good luck on your first day of work, dr. toh!

sl said...

thank you dr. lee. I won't look back on my decision. Have to face it sooner or later. sigh. keep in touch!