Saturday, May 20, 2006

What's My Age Again?

As I was walking along the pathway outside my house, the neighbour's kids approached me. There were 3 of them at that time, all still in primary school. We had a short conversation.

All Gals: Hi!
Me: Hello
Gal 01: How old are you?
Me: How old do you think I am?
Gal 01: 20?
(I shook my head)
Gal 02: 21?
Me: Nope. I'm 23.
Gal 02 (was speaking to her friend): She looks like she's 12 years old.
Me: Awww....that's sweet. (smiling to myself)

=) It is amazing how young people think I am over here. This was not my first experience of someone saying that I looked younger than my age.
A few of the patients I spoke to always commented that I looked like I am 15 or 16. (Don't mean to brag bout myself) But, I think it is because the Caucasians generally look more mature for their age. Most of my fellow students in my year are 22 years old, and they do look like they are over 25. Or maybe it is because I am short (I'm surely taller than 5 ft). Whatever. Not important.

But, I shall thank my M'sian genes for making me look youthful la! =P

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tat's cool..
only that sometimes, i get the feeling that they are wary of my qualifications (as a final year) :(
"arent you a bit young bla bla bla?"
Luckily it doesnt happen often!

anyw gal, when is your exams?

Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»