Sunday, February 27, 2011

If Wagamama Can Make Teriyaki Sauce, So Can I

=P

I finally made teriyaki sauce from scratch!

Yay! I am very proud of myself. I am a huge Japanese food lover....I love sushi, teppanyaki, teriyaki, green tea, miso, bento...etc...etc.. Wagamama is a popular Japanese restaurant that can be found around the UK. I love going there to savour all the delicious chicken katsu, ramen, and gyoza. Unfortunately, living about an hour's away from the city, I haven't been able to frequent it as much as I would like to.

Feeling all miserable, and in order to satisfy my cravings for Jap food, I challenged myself to make teriyaki sauce. It is NOT difficult! All you need is a small saucepan, sugar, light soya sauce, dark soya sauce and sake. Mix them all together...and VOILA....

TERIYAKI SAUCE!

The sauce tasted exactly like the ones you buy off the shelves...but at least I know, there isn't any preservative or msg or anything like that. I decided to use the teriyaki sauce to marinate a piece of salmon. I grilled the salmon for awhile.

While waiting for it to be ready, I stir-fried some mix vege - using pak choi, button mushrooms, carrots, broccoli, sugarsnap peas and garlic. I also added a touch of teriyaki sauce and a bit of lemon juice into the stir-fry......just to give it a sweet tanginess.

And the final result:

Grilled Teriyaki Salmon served with a bed of vegetables!


I munched it down with a bowl of white rice...and I can happily say, my dinner was absolutely delicious!

No comments: