Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Harmless Flirting

FLIRTING.

According to Wikipedia, "Flirting" is non-physical sexual communication between two people to negotiate mutual attraction through body language and verbal tactic.

Flirting can happen anywhere really, whether at a shopping mall, dinner, parties, or work.
In the hospital setting, a lot of flirting takes place, particularly, between young female nurses, and male junior doctors.

It is really quite interesting to see it happening in front of your eyes. I had the luxury of observing one the other day.

The junior doc working in my ward at present is a young male, who is very much into gymming. Let's call him X. He is bald, and has a muscular V-shaped body.

You get the pic?

It was a busy day at work yesterday. We were all rushed off our feet. Later in the morning, I returned to the ward after reviewing a few patients in a different ward. As I approached the doctor's table, I saw a group of female nurses crowding around the table, where X was sitting. They were all giggling in a very flirtatious way. I was wondering what was going on, and I found out that they were flirting with him.

"Aww...X, would you mind prescribing this for me, please? I will stare at you until you prescribe it....hehehe (giggling)....." said one nurse.

Another said, "Hey X, you not been for your lunch yet? Aww...would you like a cup of coffee or tea? I will make one for you."

"Hey X, I will send that off for you, just pass it to me..." offered another young nurse.

The nurses hardly ever offer to make any one cups of tea/coffee, unless we are on our night shifts, or you are a consultant. I wanted to laugh when I saw X blushing. He suddenly received a surge of attention and TLC from the nurses.

After all that, I heard one of the nurses whispering to another, "Oh...he is so cool and hot...look at his body."

I have nothing against all these harmless flirting. But it could make the person in the hot seat quite uncomfortable sometimes.

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.