Thursday, July 15, 2010

Treasure What You Have

It is such a common humanly mistake that we never seem to REALLY treasure what we have until it is taken away from us.

I thought the latest Shrek movie was excellent. It was funny, good animation and not to mention, the moral value the movie was trying to teach everyone. Shrek had almost everything he could dream off....a lovely ogre wife, Fiona, 3 cute kids, good friends (Donkey and Puss), and a nice place to live..... BUT (there is always a but), he felt that he has become a tame ogre, not fearsome no more. So he decided to exchange one day in his life, and that day, was back to a day he didn't have any friends, no family, and Fiona did not recognise him as his wife. He regretted his actions, and felt miserable. He misses Fiona and his family. He did everything he could to go back to his present life, and succeeded in the end. And like most animation, the story ended happily ever after.

I felt good after watching it. I realised that sometimes, I may have taken some things for granted...and I need to change my actions, change my attitude, to become a better person, less grumpy, and really appreciate the lil things in life that makes my life meaningful.

ahh....how's that for a new resolution?

That aside, I highly recommend Shrek Forever After to everyone! It is definitely way better than the previous one. Watch out for catchy words like, "Cat-tastrophic!" and "Ri-don-culous!"


4 comments:

sl said...

i wish i could read chinese....! sorry guys, don't know what you are writing.

sl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
wej said...

identifying treasures right now... thanks! ;)
Of Eagles blog

sl said...

thank you!