Monday, March 29, 2010

Holidays!

Its so nice to have a great holiday.

I got back from Paris more than 1 week ago, feeling rather refreshed, rejuvenated and rested. =)

We were blessed with great weather there. It was sunny everyday, except on the day we left. As a result, we managed to do alot of walking and sitting around on the pavements, enjoying the beautiful view in front of us.

Paris is a great city. Everyone is so well-dressed. Every woman carries a beautiful handbag (well, almost everyone of them). The buildings look old, but are well maintained. The only criticism I have is that things are very pricey. A simple sandwich with cheese and pickles was priced at 4 euros! I found that really dear, as I could possibly get a sandwich similar to that for 2 pounds or less in Tesco. A small cup of cappuccino costs about 2 to 2.50 euros...and I could get decent coffee at the train station in the UK for 1.50 pounds.

Anywho, that aside, I thoroughly enjoyed myself. We went to visit most of the usual attractions, including the Eiffel Tower and Versailles. Eiffel Tower is stunning. It looks even more elegant at night.... The orange lights on the tower make it glows beautifully, and did you know that the tower twinkles (with blue lights) for 5 minutes in every hour? I sat down in front of the tower for at least 3o minutes just enjoying the wonderful sight!

Oh did I also mention that I forgot to pick up my luggage from the conveyor belt at the arrival hall in Paris airport? YES....silly me. I was too busy thinking about where to catch the bus to get to Paris city centre, and thus, just walked out of the hall without even getting my luggage first. I laughed at myself for being so careless....and quickly walked back into the arrival to get me luggage. Thank God it was still there.

=) ahh...holidays.....what will we do without them? Where will me next destination be? should probably start planning soon. Now that summer is near too, there is even more reasons to plan ahead! Remember, it doesn't matter where you go, as long as it is with good company!

No comments: