Tuesday, October 06, 2009

8 weeks into the job....and?

It has been just over 2 months since I've moved onto a new job. It is really strange, i know, but somehow, I miss the lack of staffing levels in my previous hospital, miss my old work colleagues, and miss all the banter.

I have been asked the same questions a few times over the past couple of weeks.

"So how do you find your new job?"

And my reply would be, "Its alrite."

Funnily enough, the person would say, "Why? You don't enjoy working here?"

hmm... I think using the pharse "not enjoying" is incorrect. In fact, I do like it here. I mean, I have a registrar who I can turn to, the consultants are so friendly, and almost everyone I have met so far has been extremely pleasant (apart from the odd few people).

I guess, most people think that working in this hospital is like a dream! Probably because it is a very big district hospital, with almost every specialty under the sun. But working in such a big space, means you dun get to know everyone well. I used to recall knowing all my fellow SHOs, which nurse is dating who, or what scandals there are amongst us doctors, but now, there is no such bonding. In fact, there is hardly anytime for that.

Everyone is just busy with their own jobs.

That aside, the job has been pretty hectic, and just like every other hospital, we are short of doctors!

No comments: