Monday, September 07, 2009

Tickle tickle....

A cough certainly takes a long time to heal!

I developed this tickly dry cough last week...and it is still here.

For the first time in many years, I've decided to spend some money on a cough mixture, like simple linctus. I would not say that it tasted nice...it was quite sweet actually. But it didnt really help to relieve my cough.

The moment I closed my eyes, the cough became worse. I coughed and coughed, until tears started to roll down my cheeks. I took some hot water to see if it helped....no, not really. My throat was just SO TICKLY. Later, I realised that the cough was worse when I was lying flat on the bed. So I laid on the bed at about 60 degrees angulation. I continued to cough, but guess, my tiredness took over me...and I finally fell asleep.

I can say for a fact that the sleep was disruptive. Many a times I woke up coughing. I was so sleepy when I got up this morning. The cough was better in the morning...but it irritated me a lot at work. It felt like I was the ill patient in the hospital!!

As a result of the cough, my voice has changed. My patients and their family members could not really hear me clearly.

I am attempting to sleep earlier tonight. Hopefully the cough will be less annoying.

No comments: