Sunday, August 30, 2009

Time Out

My car has timed out on me...... it has failed its MOT today! =(

arrghh.... what a lovely start to my 1 week holiday eh?

I could only drive my car from the test centre back to my home. It is illegal to be driving a car without a MOT in the UK.

So, I have to find a repair centre to fix my car. Apparently, due to an accident 2 years ago, the damage to the car has started to present itself. The radiator is leaking loads, the metal thing that holds both of my front car tyres is twisted,....and as a result of this, the tyres have worn out. The exhaust pipe is "funny"....etc...

The lady at the MOT counter said, "I suggest to go to your insurance company to make a claim."

I was rather shocked. It sounded as though my car needed a massive operation! I can't imagine how much this repair is going to cost me.......and my agony has been prolonged with the fact that it is bank holiday monday here. Therefore, I can only get a quotation for the repair, at the earliest, on Tuesday! This is so frustrating.

If I make a claim from my car insurance, I would lose my NCB! I was thinking, if the price is about 500 pounds, I would pay it on my own, but anything more, I will ask the insurance company to fork it out.

Also, in view of the damages, I was thinking that maybe this is an excuse for me to get another car! I could get a higher CC car, with air conditioning? ahh..i dunno. It is a question of whether to pay few HUNDREDS to fix the car, or pay few THOUSANDS to get a new one......decisions, decisions!!!

Sigh. And now, I have just paid at least 150 pounds to rent a car for the week, just so that I can take me family around visiting....

This is just so troublesome, and stressful too.

6 comments:

Hospital Slave said...

Get a new car. You can easily afford a nice car on your SHO pay. Especially if you are Band 2a.

sl said...

very tempted actually

but i only just got this car 2 years ago...feeling bit guilty doing that.

unfortunately, me not surgical...so will never be a band 2a!

Hospital Slave said...

what are you driving, if I may ask?

sl said...

me driving a peugeot 206

Hospital Slave said...

definitely needs upgrading! I suggest 1 series or Audi A3. Both are chic and popular among SHOs.

sl said...

hehe...i know! the audi is definitely one of my top choiceso if i were to change it.

but...i've fixed my car now...so guess the audi convertible will have to wait awhile. ;)