Thursday, July 09, 2009

26 days and counting

I can't believe there's less than 1 month before I move down!

All the chaos and stress in applying for a new job began about 6 months ago....and finally being told I have secured a new job down south a few months thereafter, seemed so long ago.

I am having mixed feelings about it all. I have to admit that I am slightly excited about the whole thing, you know, moving down to a new place, new environment, entering the English health board, and, living in a new flat on my own (for the first time!).

On the other hand, I don't like the feeling of leaving my current cosy flat and a few of my friends here in Glasgow. In fact, I feel extremely heavy-hearted to leave Glasgow itself! I can't believe I actually just said that. I recalled the first time I moved down here from Dundee, I felt so miserable....I didn't like the environment, didn't like the transportation system, didn't like the people....but that's all changed now.

As much as the weather is always wet, I think I would really miss it. There were Scottish bag pipers playing their tune while I was walking along Buchanan and Sauchiehall Street last weekend. And I thought to myself, "Man, I am going to miss this....the shopping is great, and where in England, would you hear the sound of bag pipes whilst shopping?"

I soon found out that the people here are friendly....and the transportation system is pretty reliable.

Anyhow, I think it is always difficult moving out from your comfort zone. I mean, why would someone leave a place that he or she is so comfortable with?

This will be a new challenge for me.
26 days and counting....

No comments: