Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I Hate Hospitals!

I know I have probably blogged about this more than 10 times. But, I hate hospitals when the atmosphere is so unpleasant.

Yeap. I am talking about dying patients. I know, I know, I have repeated myself so many times about how much I am saddened seeing patients die in front of my eyes. I am going to blog about the same thing again today....coz I AM gutted! I know hospitals are pretty unpleasant to be in anyway.

Sigh. There is a pleasant lady in the hospital who is only in her mid 50s. She suffered so many complications from this abnormal mass in her abdomen. It was only 4 months later that we finally got to the bottom of her problem. We found out that she has cancer. Unfortunately, I think her illness is rather extensive, ie, the mass is pretty big, and her general well being does not allow for a surgical operation. Chemo would not be much benefit either.

In simple words, she is dying. It is very upsetting. She is such a lovely lady. Her family are all so nice. I hate seeing them, crying away in another room, and then, to enter their mother's room, putting on a brave front. I highly respect them for being so supportive. My heart goes out to them.

I mean, looking at her today, she looked awful.....extremely pale and green. It is certainly not a good sign. I could just feel myself welling up when I saw her. She just went downhill so quickly. Sigh. I hate hospitals when it comes to things like this. =( Booo....

No comments: