Monday, January 26, 2009

OXpicious Year!

Ahh...its that time of the year again!

Its Chinese New Year...and it is the year of the "Niu" or in english, the OX.

GONG XI FA CAI!

I really miss the atmosphere back home...all the "dong dong dong chiang" tunes, the chinese new year goodies (bak kua, love letters, yee sang, etc), the ang pows, the exciting card games....and of course, meeting up with friends and family.

Over here in UK, it is yet another day....no Bank Holiday...everyone goes to work as usual...unless you have chinese friends, most people do not know that it is the first day of CNY. Lucky for me, my annual leave starts today for 5 days. Nothing much planned. Just going to chill, complete some work-related stuff, shopping, eating, hanging out with friends.....=)

Yesterday, I had dim sum with kevin and sis for our reunion meal. We had initially planned to cook...but guess we were all abit too tired to do that. After that, we went on to watch Slumdog Millionaire.

Thumbs up x 2 for this movie...It was excellent...a very simple story...it just shows how somethings happen for a reason because it has been written for you. You can't really predict what happens...but a little luck does play a huge role. Highly recommended. I think the next movie I would like to catch is the "Chindi Chowk Goes to China."

Anyway, here's wishing everyone a happy chinese new year!! My cousin sent this to me:

BULL-eye your goals

BULL-doze the year with abundance of good fortunes, health and wealth!!

CHEERS!!!

No comments: