Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Its a Brand New Year!

One year has just flew by me. Can't believe that I have been a SHO for one year. The first day being at work as a SHO felt like ages ago. Its been an interesting but occasionally frustrating year.

Now, its the time to change over. Well, in fact, its time for all doctors to start new. Freshly graduated medical students, will start to be new JHOs. Current JHOs will become SHOs. Current SHOs will either become senior SHOs or registrars.

It feels really strange, leaving all the people at work whom I have bonded with. To be honest, I really do hate changeovers. I think it is even worse this year for me because I'm moving on to a new hospital all alone. No one I know is going there with me. And I have not heard anything good about this hospital so far, apart from the beautiful scenery I get while driving there. The response I have got from my fellow colleagues are " Oh. Good Luck!"

wtf?!

And the whole hospital organisation is bloody disorganised. I have contacted the hospital management a couple of times to find out what my rotations would be, and what are my working hours, etc. All I got was, " We will tell you on Wednesday during induction day." What is that all about?! How fair is it, going to work, not knowing which department you will be in, what time you're meant to finish, whether or not you'll be working over the weekend, and....I have not even seen my contract?!!

I do not even know how much I am getting paid!

Tell me, which job, is like this? It is only in medicine that we face all this kind of shite.

Anyway, thats just my thoughts.

Wish me luck tomorrow.... I am feeling very apprehensive about it. More senior, more responsibility. I do not think I am ready yet. Help!!!

No comments: