Thursday, July 03, 2008

Just Because

"You were good when you first started to work with me, but now, you're just like one of them."

*ouch

*ouch ouch

**sob sob sob

These are strong powerful words. So strong that it penetrated my skin, bones, bone marrow..etc.

oh my goodness...can't believe my boss said that about me. The thing is everyone in my workplace knows that he is a lousy boss...he comes up with the most ridiculous management plans, he can be rude to patients, and also to nursing staff....and of course, to his fellow colleagues too. Therefore, at the end of the day, he has created more foes than friends. "one of them" refers to the list of people who are already in his bad books for just trying to voice out an opinion.

Having said that though, that does not warrant him to make such a statement.

Just because....
1. When he asked me what happened to this particular person X over the weekend, and I replied, "I'm sorry I do not know because I was not working over the weekend, but I'll find out for you from the nurses." He, then, started to laugh sarcastically and said, "What is wrong with my junior colleagues...you do not have to answer me like this." HUH?! what was that all about? I don't think I was trying to be cheeky...unless those who are reading this, think I was??

2. I told my boss that this is not the proper antibiotic to prescribe for someone with aspiration pneumonia.

3. I told my boss that I think the abdominal x-ray looked like the patient has a dilated bowel loop....and my boss said that, " You do not have enough experience to say so." HUH?!

4. I asked him if he was happy to let a patient home although the patient developed acute renal failure..and he became angry with me....

there are so many "just because" BECAUSE the list is indeed endless!

It is pretty frustrating....and I sometimes wonder whether I am picking up the wrong things from my boss. Guess only time will tell...

Worse thing is, my boss no longer calls me by my name.... tsk tsk tsk. And now I have this thought that I am a useless doctor. sigh.

think it is time for some vino.

No comments: