Sunday, July 06, 2008

Blown Away

It was the start of what I hoped to be a lovely holiday....however, I thought I was going to lose my life yesterday.

I happily packed myself away to Gloucester this weekend. I boarded my flight to bristol in the afternoon. The weather in Glasgow was slightly cloudy with just minor drizzle. Halfway during my journey, the plane suddenly jolted backwards. Everyone gasped!

It felt as though the wind was blowing SO hard that it basically pushed the plane backwards. I thought we were going to crash. The captain informed us that there was a blizzard of wind ahead.... much to my horror, to be honest. We proceeded onto the journey.....until it was time for landing. The plane gradually lowered itself. Again, the plane appeared to be fighting hard against the wind. I could feel the plane swaying left and right....and I thought I could almost feel the resistance of the strong angry wind.

I was thinking, "OMG, this is not good at all. Do not crash....we should maybe not even try to land at the moment!" I looked around me and everyone appeared terrified. The plane continued its descent...and the moment we hit the ground, the plane kinda skidded slightly, and again, it swayed left and right.....and the captain must have slammed the brakes really hard because I was pushed forward as the result of the momentum.

I turned around to look at my fellow passenger on my left. She looked at me and said, "Boy, that was interesting." "It was scary" I replied. I think all of us on board could not be any happier to be safe and sound. Now, I know this might sound as though I am exaggerating, but it felt like a "near death" experience. *phew

I am glad I am still alive. Thank God.

2 comments:

runaway midget said...

OMG! this is scary. hope you've recovered alright and enjoyed your Gloucester getaway.

sl said...

i know! thought gonna mati dy... phew.

yeah...enjoyed gloucester getaway!

will show you pics soon!

miss ya gween