Friday, July 25, 2008

it was dark

The latest Batman movie is quite dark actually. But I loved it. It was just f**king brilliant!

Christian Bale, the current Batman, looked really cool. He never really smiled in the movie (guess that's what made him hot and sexy)...and I think he is one of the better Batmans....besides, Michael Keaton. I thought he looked thinner than his previous Batman movie... But I suppose nothing could beat his anorexic look in "The Machinist," which was an excellently disturbing movie.

It was not the typical Batman movie. The Dark Knight kind of concentrated more on the thought processes of the good guys and the villains. There were not many scenes where they introduced new gadgets. But, of course, the Batman's vehicle just got more advanced and gorgeous. There were not many love scenes too. It was just purely Batman, the Joker, Harvey "Two-face" and the detective. Wish I could drive a Lamborghini some day! (dream on....I know)

Heath Ledger was a legend. He played the role of The Joker very well. It was Heath Ledger like you have never seen before. I thought this was his best role so far. He was really wacky, psychotic, neurotic, crazy, funny....I dunno...he was just fantastic. If he were nominated for an Oscar, I bet he will win it. It is sad to lose such a young talent. In comparison to Jack Nicholson, who also played The Joker previously, I think they are both very different. Jack Nicholson was more crazily funny...whereas Heath Ledger was simply dark.

Please go and watch it, if you have not done so already! Don't miss out on the darkness of The Dark Knight!

No comments: