Monday, February 18, 2008

We Need to Talk About Kevin

Yes we do indeed.

This excellent book, written by Lionel Shriver, was just intense!

At first, I felt that the book was too wordy....but as I continued to turn the pages, oh my, the story became more exciting. It is about a nearly 16 year old boy, who committed mass murder at his own school using his perfect skills - archery (instead of the usual gun shootings). He personally selected 7 of his fellow students, whom he disliked, and 1 teacher. He cleverly locked them up in the gym and gruesomely killed them, with his arrows. The more shocking part of the book was he even killed his own father and sister with the same method!! The author did a brilliant job of creating the whole scene using simple, yet powerful words.....and I could seriously picture it in my head....*scary.

Man, this book is really good. Thumbs up!!!!

No comments: