Saturday, February 16, 2008

Nice Saturday

Today I hung out with szel's friends. It was her friend's bday lunch. We had lunch at a Turkish restaurant in Glasgow....hmm..can't really remember the name now. But it would be my first Turkish meal here. My expectations were high because I doubt any place could beat Anatolia (an excellent Turkish restaurant in Dundee).

I ordered apple tea for drinks and had their soup of the day. I don't know how to describe the soup. It had a sourish taste...and it didn't help that the soup of not hot enough! I would rate it as so-so. But their flat bread was yummy.

My main course was really interesting. It was "Roasted pepper and apple dolma." At first, I was skeptical. I didn't know what is a dolma...and apple dolma? I thought it sounded pretty weird. But then again, the stranger a food is, the more it intrigues me. Therefore, I decided to just go for it. According to wikipedia, a dolma is "a stuffed vegetable." The dish was not bad...I mean, it was quite tasty. Inside the pepper and apple was their spiced Turkish rice. All in all, I think the restaurant was just ok. Anatolia is still the best!

After food, we all headed to the cinema to catch the new movie, "Jumpers." I have to admit that I am no longer the movie buff I used to be. I don't know the name of the latest movie, etc. So I just kinda tagged along with the group. I had no idea what Jumpers was all about....which is good in a way, coz then, I would not be biased. hehe.

Anyway, the movie was short and sweet. Storyline was cool in a sense, but just ok-ish, if you get what I mean. But hey, I guess ogling at Hayden Christensen for just about an hour and a half was pretty worth it. hehe. And Jamie Bell of Billy Elliot fame has grown so much!

Saturday is now over...tomorrow is Sunday...and then, it would be Monday, AGAIN! sigh.

Roasted pepper & apple dolma! Pretty cool presentation.

1 comment:

runaway midget said...

kewl dish! how i miss turkish food.

send some over please.