Thursday, February 28, 2008

A Lovely Day

Edinburgh is a lovely city. I spent a day there yesterday. I was glad the weather was good. It was sunny most of the time, with only 5 seconds worth of drizzle.

When I first arrived, I went to the Edinburgh Playhouse to collect my ticket. Yes, I booked a place to watch the "Disney High School Musical." I do not really know what the musical was all about, but it is certainly very popular. So, I thought, why not find out what the hype is all about!

Then, I walked along Princes Street....soaking in the sun, listening to the Scottish bagpiper in the background, and also treated myself to a huge cup of Mint Hot Chocolate Soup. hehe...chocolate soup. It was huge...but heck, I hardly go to Edinburgh. :P It was topped with sinfully yummy whipped cream and pieces of mint choc!

I sat down in Princes Street Garden sipping my hot cuppa, and watched the day go by. It felt like the perfect thing to do (although in actual fact, I have alot of other things to complete, but I decided to leave them all behind). I also spent some time at the National Scottish Art Gallery.... hehe...which is also not something I would normally do. But it was quite enjoyable.

After that, it was shopping all the way. Having lived in Glasgow for nearly 2 years now, I have to agree that Glasgow is THE place to do shopping. The shops in Edinburgh were stretched along the road and there was not as many variety as in Glasgow. But a few of the shops are bigger. I did not buy anything....but it was nice just to do window shopping.

The musical started at 7pm. The whole theatre was filled with kids....(obviously coz it is produced by Disney!) The show was entertaining, with catchy music. The story was pretty expected....you know, teenager love story. Apart from the noise made by excited kids, I enjoyed it.

By the time I got home, I was knackered. It was a fun and lovely day. :)

Also practised my photo taking skills yesterday...so here they are!

Snake-like bridge.

The famous Scott monument.

Basking the sun @ Princes Street Garden.

Peek-a-boo

Princes Street Garden.

A good and peaceful place to do yoga in the park.

Princes Street Garden.

A man & telephone booths.

This is the Edinburgh Playhouse.

2 comments:

runaway midget said...

edinburgh... still as pretty. jealous you get to go to the gardens.

here in s'pore, if you go to the gardens alone or even the restaurants/ coffee shops, people look at you one kind.

miss scotland. will go over end of this year if everything goes to plan!

sl said...

hehe...i've not been to edinburgh for a long time...

well, guess its normal to be alone here...its peaceful, but not something i would like to do all the time, agree?

come come...i will see if i get a job or not first.