Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Sushi

I love sushi. So when my friends asked me to join for sushi on Sunday, I was excited. We all headed to the new shopping mall in Glasgow, Silverburn. Apparently, the famous sushi store "Yo Sushi" has just opened there. This sushi bar is popular in Manchester, so my friends told me.

Its been a long time since I touched sushi. Even when I was at home last CNY, I didn't get a chance to grab a sushi bite. So I was really dying to eat one! Having said that though, I personally think that my sushi standards are very high. Back home, I really miss Genki Sushi. Imagine the crunchy soft shell crab temaki.....yummy.

Yo Sushi looked exciting. The whole bar was open right in the middle of the shopping mall. I could see different varieties of sushi circulating on the belt. So we quickly grab a seat and started to pick what we wanted to eat.

5 minutes later....I still haven't picked one.

Another 5 minutes....I still haven't seen any sushi that attracted my eyes.

I guess the sushi wasn't presented as yummy as the ones in Genki. None of the sushi were shouting to me, "Me, me....pick me! I am yummy!" I was a tad disappointed. But in the end, I chose the usual Unagi and salmon. They were nice....but I still think the ones in Genki were better.

Then, I went on to order a temaki roll. How sad, the ran out of the radish that is used to prepare the soft shell crab temaki...so I couldn't satisfy my cravings for the crab. I settled for crispy duck temaki instead...It was different, quite tasty....but I want my soft shell crab temaki!!! boo hoo.

All in all, I think Yo Sushi is "ok." But if you haven't eaten sushi for a long time....it will certainly satisfy you.

No comments: