Monday, October 22, 2007

Guten Tag Munchen & Berlin!

Just got back from my holiday trip in Germany. I really enjoyed myself. People in Germany are friendly. I think I had enough wurst (german sausages) to last me for a year! hehe. Oh...not to mention, I had quite alot of bier (beer) to drink too (wait till you see a pic of me and a big JUG of beer!!). Anyway, the weather in Munchen (or Munich) was fantastic. It was sunny, but slightly chilly at night. However, at the foot of The Bavarian Alps, the weather was bitter cold, especially with the rain. My friend & I were lucky to have escaped the snow, because it started to snow quite heavily on the night we left The Alps. At Berlin, the weather was cloudy, and really cold. The fact that I only had a thin jacket on, made matters worse.

Anyway, here are some pictures from my trip!

Dinner...look at the 5 different varieties of wurst we had! White sausages too! yummmy!

A display of china potteries on the wall of The Residenz.

The park outside The Residenz.

The Olympic Park in Munchen.

Say Hello to the BMW Isetta @ The BMW Museum, Munchen.

The BMW Mille Miglia.

I can't own one, but I can certainly take a photo with it without any extra cost!
The BMW 7 series.

Sunny day at the palace grounds.

Schloss Hohenswangau (Castle of The Highland Swans..hope I got the translation right)

Schloss Neuchswanstein, Bavarian Alps. This castle is meant to be the inspiration for Disney castles.

Autumn in Germany.

The Alpsee Lake, Bavarian Alps. It was actually very cold, but I decided to take a photo without my jacket.

The Kaiser Wilhelm Church in Berlin, part of it was destroyed during the war. The square block beside it is where the church services are currently being held.

Inside the block of building....very blue and cool.

The Reichstag (parliament building)....the transparent dome above it provides beautiful scene of the whole city of Berlin.

Inside the transparent dome.

The bear is the mascot for Berlin. This bear in particular is made of broken ceramics.

Now, I have never seen such big grapes and big brussel sprouts ever!

The leaves are changing colour!!

The Berliner Dom and....a big fat bum on the left! =)

Part of the Berlin Wall.

ok....guess that was quite a few pics....hehe...but not alot for me though, as I am rather obsessive in taking pics....I have taken about 600 over pics in this trip! =P But not really happy with some of them because they were overexposed. I still haven't got the hang of using this panasonic cam...still prefer my broken down Casio Exilim.

No comments: