Sunday, September 02, 2007

I Loved Marley Too...

Marley, is a labrador retriever, featured in a book, called, "Marley and Me." I read the book in just a few days....it was a true story, about Marley, his master (who is also the author of the book), and his master's family. The story started with the day the author brought Marley home, until the day Marley went up to dog heaven.

Marley's funny character, and naughty behaviours related so much to my dogs....Fifi, Kiki and Pecan. Fifi was given away because I was very young and mum couldn't cope looking after her. Kiki is still with me, while Pecan's care has been taken over by my ex-bf.

I couldn't stop the tears from welling up in my eyes when I read the chapter where Marley needed to be put to sleep because of volvulus. Just by reading the book, I have fallen in love with Marley.

So, if you guys have a chance or the time, I would highly recommend getting your hands on "Marley and Me." I am sure you'll enjoy the book as much as I did.

No comments: