Sunday, August 05, 2007

A Day of Feats...

I had my 1st dim sum since last year today!! hehe...It was an amazing feat to not eat it for such a long period of time... Had dim sum at a chinese restaurant not too far away from my place. I think the dish that I missed the most was the "Pei Tan Chook" (or Century egg porridge). And yes, I obviously ordered it. To my delight, the porridge from that restaurant was comparable to the one at the shop in Taman Connaught (my favourite dim sum shop). However, the crunchy crispy flour thing that you would normally mix together in the porridge was missing.

And then, there were the usual Siu Mai, Char Siu Pau, Chee Cheong Fun, War Tip, and a rather big plate of fried noodles. The Char Siu Pau wasn't that nice, because the filling did not taste like the ones at home...but guess, that will make do. The War Tip came in a massive size! It was quite nice. The noodles wasn't really tasty, but then again, since I haven't eaten it for ages, it was ok. I certainly did not realise that I have ordered too much....so CK and I took our time trying to finish up the remaining food. But heck, that is probably the only dim sum I'll eat for the rest of the year...so I didn't mind.

I also got to savour my 1st Tau Foo Fah for the year!! Yes, yet another amazing feat...keke. It was the perfect dessert to eat today as the weather in Glasgow was extremely miserable. I asked Helen, my housemate to try it, but she didn't really like it. She said the texture was too soft for her liking.

Oh....CK bought a pandan swiss roll cake from the chinese shop...and boy, it was superb! Very pandan-ny and not too sweet either.

My oh my....it was a day of nice food....this is life.

No comments: