Monday, June 11, 2007

M.O.N.D.A.Y. again.....

Monday. Never liked Mondays. Something normally happens on a Monday.

What happened today?

1. Well, to start with, the ward round took ages! It didn't finish till about 12pm, and it wasn't finished at that time. There were still 2 more to be seen.

2. Tried to get in contact with the person on-call for a specialty, but no one answered the page. Finally, I managed to speak to the person after like 5 pages!

3. An awful cardiac arrest occured in the ward opposite mine. I heard the emergency buzzer and went across. I knew something wasn't right the moment I saw the nurse pushingthe cardiac arrest trolley. Arrest, yes, that can occur to any patients in the ward. But it was a visitor that actually arrested! She didn't make it in the end. Her mum, who was sick patient, was devastated. (Imagine, we had to get the mum out of her bed, so that her daughter can be resuscitated!!! Awful!)

4. An emergency admission from the diabetes clinic at 5pm?! Arggh....I mean I could, of course, let the person who is on-call from 5pm onwards to sort that patient out, but that would be pretty irresponsible, I think.

5. My friend was being pretty nippy to me today, dunno for what reasons...probably because she's been nipped at by the sister in her ward. But hey, do not need to lash it out on other people ok?

hmm...can't remember what else happened today. But it wasn't till nearly 7pm before I left the hospital. Cooked something really different tonight: aubergines, spinach, asparagus, chicken with salsa sauce?! How weird is that? Oh well, need to start doing some work. *yawn

No comments: