Monday, May 14, 2007

Need to Split Myself

Monday. Never liked Mondays unless it falls on a public holiday.

I was really busy today. Wished I could split my body into 2, so that one part of me joins the the consultant ward round, and the other half joins the registrar round. However, life is never simple...and you can never divide yourself into 2 seperate bodies. So, that's why, I ended up being busy. There were a few phone calls to make, bloods to take, scans to request...which really, weren't too bad. Having said that, I ended up staying late because there were a few sickies and at about 5.30 pm, my consultant approached me and said, "This man is sick. I need you to do these things. But, you do not have to do it, just hand it over to the on-call JHO."

Well, if I was being unkind, I would have handed over the task. However, I put myself into the on-call JHO's shoes. And if I were handed over these things.....I would not be impressed at all! So, i decided that I should just quickly do them all, and just ask the on-call person to chase up the results and review the x-rays.

As expected, the longer you stay in the ward, the more jobs you end up doing, which was the case this evening. The nurses kept asking me to do a few things or ask me to see a certain patient, until the extent that I told them, please do not ask me anymore!!! Otherwise, I would be stuck there till 9!

Sigh. Tired....didnt really sleep much. Off to bed soon.

Damn it...I can't stop thinking about the things I need to do in the morning in the ward.

hmm...think the first thing I should do is bleed that man.....then, insert a iv cannula, followed by a synacthen test...etc...oh yes...chase results....argh....

Stop....shut my mind up!

No comments: