Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Kept My Cool

Doctor, doctor, come here now.
Doctor, when will I be going home?

You have to wait for the liver doctors to see you first before you can go.

Ok. When will that be?

I have contacted them yesterday, and she told me she'll see you today, some point in the afternoon.

Right ok. Will I be going home then?

Erm...that doctor will decide whether or not you can go home.


1 hour later...

Doctor, doctor, can I have a word with you?

Yes. What can I do for you?

When will that liver doctor see me?

As I said, some point in the afternoon....I do not really know.

So, will I be going home then?

It is their decision.


30 minutes later......

Doctor, come here.

Yes.

Can you chase that doctor up?

Well, I will phone them if they do not come by 3 pm ok?

But doctor, today is my birthday, and I want to get out from the hospital.

Happy birthday. I know you would like to get discharged, but it is not me who decides that.

Will you ask them to see me?

Yes. The liver doctor said she'll see you today.



Trust me...this went on and on for the whole day! It was nearly every hour that he kept asking me the same questions over and over again. Honestly, I was quite tired of answering him and being polite. But I can't be rude to him either. So I kept my cool ....until I reached home, when I started to rant away to my housemate.

Oh dear, I know...ranting AGAIN! It's addictive!

No comments: