Thursday, April 05, 2007

Of Spinning Head and Pounding Heart

After a week of hard work, my friends and I decided to have an all gals night out yesterday. Everyone had just worked over the weekend and was in need of some sort of social activity. Therefore, we all decided to head to the nearby pub for some food & ETOH (or alcohol in simple terms).

The place was called Club 500. It looked rather posh from the outside, but in fact, the food is affordable. I ordered a "top tastic penne chorizo arrabiata." It was excellent! The portion wasn't humongous either. To accompany our meal, we ordered a bottle of sauvignon blanc. We began chatting away about our very "fun" working life, bitching about other doctors and complaining about how neglected some patients are in the hospital, in which, as the result of that, led to their preventable deaths. Such a shame indeed.

As the chat went on and on, my friends ordered more wine. So in total, by the end of the night, we had 3 bottles of white wine among ourselves, ie, 3/4 of a bottle per person. Boy! That was quite alot for me. I normally could drink about 2 glasses of wine, however, I had 3 last night.

hehe.

The consequence? Yeap, I ended up feeling hot and flushed, my head was spinning slightly. I could hear my heart pounding in my ears, and I actually felt I was going to be sick. Thank god I did not vomit!! It has been a long time since I felt like that... but besides that, all of us had a great night out together, and I am sure there are plenty to come!

No comments: