Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Boob Size or Talent?

My friend, CK and I watched The Curse of The Golden Flower yesterday. The movie was quite interesting, as you get an idea of how hatred amongst themselves led to the development of personal plots to kill one another. The king, in the end, lost all 3 sons. During the movie, I thought it was pretty bizzare that every hour belongs to a different chinese zodiac animal.

Although the movie was shown in Mandarin (which should be my mother tongue), I could vaguely make up what they were saying and had to rely on the English subtitles, just like the other kwai lous. How embarrassing!

The making of the movie must have cost alot of money too. I noticed that every female extra, whether tall or short, plump or thin, had their own costume. Every male extra has a pot of crysanthemum to hold on to. And look at the number of soldiers they had. I highly doubt that they were all computer generated. I have to say I was surprised that those people during that era dressed up so sexily. All female extras were showing off their cleavage! haha.

At the end of the show, CK threw a simple, funny but pretty obvious question, "Do you think they hired these actresses because of their talent or their boob size?" If you have seen the movie, I am sure you would know the answer.

No comments: