Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Irresponsible

I am sorry to say this but I really do think certain doctors are very irresponsible.

How could they possibly ask an on-call doctor to do a job that was meant to be done in the morning?

If they have requested a blood test for their patient, there is certainly a reason for them to do so, ie, if there were to be any abnormality, they could act upon it before the end of the day. However, they said they were too busy to do it, hence they passed it on to the on-call person. I feel that this is very irresponsible.

I mean, I am happy to do it if I have nothing to do. But, an on-call person DOES NOT do the tasks that were meant to be done during the day. I know it is an hour past 5 pm when your shift has ended, and you are desperate to go home. But, I personally do not think this should be passed on to the on-call person. You said you have a lot to do...but so do us, who work in the medical wards (although some wards certainly have less jobs to do). You just need to prioritise and pls be more responsible. Thank you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aiyoyor....
why are they so so so useless??? kanasai betul... who's that irresponsible monkey.. tell me... i'll reprimand him/her.... I'm now in a very irritable state... sot sot dei liao...

Jazzi said...

Hi my name is Jason, or Goh Zhong Qing. I am actually an old friend of GeakPoh, your colleague. I'm curious, are you still in contact with him? If you are, can u please get him to add me on msn? jazz_10000@hotmail.com. I've been trying to contact him for ages, seems that he disappeared into thin air, until i did a google search of him and finally ended up at your website. =)

And btw, i DO agree to this blog of yours, even though i haven't graduated, i know this is a common culture practiced in hospital. "why do it when u can leave it to the night staff?" ....