Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Condolences

I do not know what it was. But I never looked at my handphone when I am on-call. However, last night was an exception.

It was just the usual busy night at the medical receiving unit. I decided I needed to take a few sips of water and then, I decided to have a peek at my hp. Surprise, suprise, there was a message left by my beloved cousin sister back home. She does not usually send me a sms except during her school holidays or during a festive event. This was abit unusual. I looked at the sms and received the shocking news of the death of her father, my uncle. The death occurred rather suddenly. As far as I can remember, the last time I heard about him was about the tiny little wound at his toe and the fact that it was difficult to heal due to his diabetes, and, his new recently developed chest pain and a "swollen artery" as his doctor put it.

It was such a pity. She said she just spoke to him on the phone the night before, and her youngest brother, invited him to sleep over at his place. He did not want to trouble his son and decided that he'll just sleep at the comfort of his own home. The next morning, my cousin's youngest brother phoned their father to ask him out for breakfast, but no one answered the phone. So, they went over to his house, and found him dead. Tragic. He died all by himself and none of us know the cause.

My condolences reach out to my cousin sis and her family. I am sorry for their loss and wished I could be there for them, especially my cousin sister. She is very pessimistic and has put the blame on herself for the death of both her parents. =( Dear cousin, please be strong!

No comments: