Monday, November 13, 2006

A Week of Half Days!!

Yippee!! This whole week I'll be having half day every single day! =D

The reason was my colleague wanted Sunday off as he had something to do. So he asked if I was willing to do his Receiving Sunday (from 8-9), and he offered to do all my late shifts this week. I thought, oh well, I did not plan to do anything on Sunday, and not having to work long hours for the next few days would be nice. Hence, I agreed. I know it may sound abit silly to sacrifice my Sunday for that, but I didnt really mind. =)

So there you go, I had a half day today, and another one tomorrow, and the next day, and the day after....hehe. I think I got to enjoy my spare time for now because once I change over to do medicine for the next 8 months, I will never ever get a half day off. And medicine has a bad reputation of being very busy....and the worse thing is, I'll be paid less for working more.

Nevermind, will worry about that later. I enjoyed my half day today with my friend. We both went to Tesco to buy groceries. It was quite fun (I know this sounds rather pathetic, but shopping for groceries is now my new found hobby)! We, then, walked to Tinderbox, a famous cafe nearby to have coffee. Sipping a hot cuppa was really nice as the weather was icy cold. We sat there for about an hour and a half, bitching about other people or about work. It felt weird too because we were actually chilling out in working clothes....kinda felt a wee bit old.

I really had a nice chill out time, which was what I really needed, as I can forsee myself feeling rather miserable this month (the dark gloomy sky is not helping me out either).....Ohh... I can't wait for my half day tomorrow. I'm certainly going to make full use of it!

3 comments:

Mei said...

you're sacrificing your sunday? hehehe... i'll never do that, cause i'd rather sleep in :P

sl said...

yes, I did. pretty silly huh? I have been sleeping in the whole week prior to sunday, because I was on a backshift (which meant I started work from 3pm onwards).

Anonymous said...

nah.. I think I might have just done the same! Taking half day all week this week and just work more on sunday. :D
its like.. getting 5 half days and working one full day! hehehe.. :)