Sunday, October 08, 2006

Urology Nite Out

A night out with my friends yesterday has allowed me to gain abit of social life. hehe. Eversince I started working, I have been hiding in my house most of the time or going out by myself. So the night out, with my urology colleagues, (hence the name urology nite out), was certainly something I had looked forward to.

The pub we went to was this place called "The Three Judges." It was located just about less than 10 mins walk from my flat. To be honest, the pub looked kinda dodgy from the outside. It seemed like a pub for the older population, not for young people like us. =P But one of my colleagues (lets call him G) kept telling us that it is the best pub in Glasgow. He said the pub has even won a few awards! Therefore, to proof his point, he decided to organise this nite out at that pub.

Upon entering, the pub has a pretty nice atmosphere. Everyone looks pretty sane, busy drinking their alcohol and chatting away. We managed to get a table at the corner. My guy colleagues were very kind to buy us gals the drinks. While drinking, we started talking nonsense. haha. G,who obviously is a regular customer at this pub, started pointing out a few customers in the pub and told us stories about each. It was quite interesting. One was a brazilian hooker, two gals who were sitting at the other end of the pub were lesbians, and etc....

I drank a pint of light beer, followed by a glass of raspberry beer. That was my first raspberry beer in my life, and it tasted great. This beer, according to my friend, originated from Germany. It has a very addictive taste: sourish mixed with the usual beer flavour. I was slightly lightheaded after the first pint, but I am by no means drunk. My friends were all laughing at me, coz as usual, I was as red as a tomato. And guess what? I learnt something new that nite as well. Apparently, some of us Asians, do not have a gene that metabolises alcohol properly. That is why some of us turn very red after taking alcohol. So I guess I am one of them eh?

Oh well, the night ended quite fast, and we were asked to leave coz the pub was closing. We chatted for awhile outside the pub. I was needing the toilet badly. My bladder was on the verge of bursting. So I quickly excuse myself and rushed home. hehe. *phew Lucky my detrusor muscles are still working well. =)

No comments: