Sunday, October 01, 2006

Ash Cash

Ash cash is new to me.

I have never heard of it before until a few days ago. My colleague called me and informed me that there was a letter addressed to me in his ward. He also mentioned that the letter does not seem to be from the hospital administrator. hmmm....It was abit odd to receive a letter from outsiders addressed to me in the hospital.

The letter was sealed in a white envelope. I opened it quickly, curious to find out what it was all about. My colleagues were sharing my anticipation too. Anyway, I took out a slip of paper, with the heading "Funeral Care," followed by a cheque.

"Ash cash" were the words my colleagues said simultaneously. I was baffled. They explained to me that everytime I fill in a cremation form, I will be paid by the company that carried out the cremation. After hearing that, I have mixed feelings. I felt guilty for being paid just by filling in a form after the death of a patient, but at the same, it was an extra bonus. Oh well.

No comments: