Friday, September 01, 2006

PAY DAY! PAY DAY!! =D

Did I just say "Pay Day"?

YES YES YES YES!!!!

hehe =D

I'm so happy. It was pay day on the 31st August 2006. And, of course, it was the Independence Day for Malaysia. (Although I am faraway, but I still have Malaysia in my heart). Selamat belated-Hari Kebangsaan folks!

Anyway, back to my pay day. See, this is my first proper job (I worked as a food server before). And to be paid after a few weeks of hard work really felt great!

Everyone at work was so excited. Rumours were spreading that our salary will be banked into the account at 12am automatically. So, I waited patiently till about 11pm. But I was dead tired and as usual, ended up falling asleep on the table. The next time I woke up it was about 4 something in the morning. And I remembered that I wanted to check how much I was being paid.

I quickly logged onto my bank account and was so happy to see my first salary!! I am now (hopefully) financially independent now. hehe. The good thing is the first salary is tax-free. Mind you, the tax here is rather high.

My friend and I decided to celebrate out first pay by having dinner at TGIF. The food was certainly much better than TGIF in KL. The atmosphere was great and for the first time, I actually did not feel guilty paying 20 quid for my meal. haha.

No comments: